Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Create basic scripts from a manual test case
- Enhance basic tests with synchronization and verification
- Parameterize tests to run with multiple sets of data
- Create and reuse modular actions
- Use the Object Repository
- Use debugging tools
- Write custom checkpoints
- Use the Object Repository Manager
- Resolve object recognition problems
- Identify when the Editor is useful
- Retrieve and use the properties of an object
- Create programmatic descriptions.
- Create tests that include VBScript.
- Retrieve data from application objects.
- Data Table object and store run-time data and drive actions
- Create scripts that access data from external sources
- Create new subroutines and functions
- Use the Function Library editor
- Identify when to handle exceptions programmatically
- Hybrid Framework concepts
This is a hands-on course and Students will learn various features of UFT which is used to create automation scripts to run regression tests against Application under Test. Students will also learn fundamentals of VBScripting which is used in UFT to drive different logical operations. At the end of the course, students will be able to create an automation script to test some of the features of an application (HRM or CRM).
Prerequisite for this course
- Students could have two or three years of manual testing experience with some exposure to programming concepts.
- 40 hours (5 days)